Uninsured Motorist2021-04-06T23:46:08+00:00

(504) 613-0621

Uninsured Motorist Insurance

In the event of an auto accident, uninsured motorist (UM) coverage – also called uninsured motorist bodily injury (UMBI) insurance – will cover you and your passengers, up to the applicable coverage limit, for damages that include:

Medical expenses

Pain and suffering

Lost wages

Property damages

This policy also covers you and your passengers if you are the victims of a hit-and-run accident. For example, in a hit-and-run accident if someone crashes into your vehicle and leaves without providing their insurance documentation, uninsured motorist insurance will provide coverage. Without this coverage, your insurance company could decline to pay the damages. Likewise, if someone runs into your car and injures an occupant and then flees the scene, your uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage will stand in the place of the hit-and-run driver’s policy. It is important to note that in this scenario the incident must be reported to the police in order to use your uninsured motorist coverage.

Underinsured Motorist Coverage

Underinsured Motorist Coverage is also important. Underinsured Motorist provides coverage when the other driver causes the accident and does not have enough insurance to pay for all of your medical bills, or other damages. In this scenario you can make a claim for Underinsured Motorist Coverage for the amount that the other driver’s insurance failed to pay. For example, if your claim is worth $50,000.00, and the other person only has $40,000.00 in coverage, then that is all they will pay you. They won’t pay more than the coverage that has been purchased. If you have Underinsured Motorist Coverage, it will cover the other $10,000.00 of your damages that were not covered by the other driver’s insurance.

Med Pay

Med pay insurance coverage covers all medical expenses that result from a collision. This covers all of the occupants in the policy holder’s car, up to the limit of the med pay insurance. It will take effect regardless of which party was at fault for causing the accident.

Get the Help You Need
After a Motor Vehicle Accident

Get an attorney on your side after a motor vehicle accident. To get started, complete our contact form or call us at 504-613-0621. We can help protect your interests so that you get the full compensation you need.

Call 504-613-0621 or complete our contact form to request a confidential
consultation to discuss your legal concerns.

Request a Consultation

  • Privacy Policy
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.